Academic Approach, a tutoring, school improvement, and curriculum design company, is seeking to hire a Copy Editor for curriculum content. Academic Approach is beginning a substantial review and update of its curriculum, and this position will play a key role in the day-to-day work of this project. The Copy Editor will work with the curriculum team and vet the quality and correctness of various curriculum products including standardized tests, lessons, and classroom exercises. The Copy Editor will also participate in the publishing process by iteratively improving the fidelity of files slated for print and dissemination.
We are looking for an individual that is passionate about education equality. Many of our students come from underserved communities, and our curriculum may be the only standardized test preparation they receive. This position will play an important role in ensuring that those students receive high quality instruction and curriculum they deserve.
- Revise ACT and SAT curriculum
- Edit curriculum in all subjects for mechanical errors, language, content (fact checking), and reading level
- Write copy, proofread, and ensure editorial excellence throughout development of product
- Partner with other members of the Department of Education team to develop appropriate content flow and adherence to standards
- Ensure quality and timely release of curriculum materials
- Edit 60-120 pages per week