3 Birds Marketing, a two-time Inc. 5000-ranked automotive digital marketing company, is seeking a Freelance Automotive Content Writer to create engaging and original digital content from start to finish for our clients. This includes but is not limited to:
- in-depth reviews of new model releases
- compelling social media content to build brand awareness
- dealership-specific content by request
The ideal applicant will be knowledgeable about the automotive industry and excel at fulfilling content requests efficiently and on time with attention to correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation. We are looking for someone with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to write according to brand and dealership guidelines.
This is a contract position with the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
During the interview process, you may be given a writing test to assess your skills.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, journalism, or a related field
- Knowledge of cars and the retail automotive industry
- Experience writing excellent, high SEO-value digital copy, including newsletter articles and features; blog posts; press releases; social media posts; and marketing copy for email campaigns, landing pages, banners, etc.
- Familiarity with copywriting basics and principles, especially for the web
- Creative personality adept at vocalizing and explaining abstract ideas
- Exceptional proofreading and fact-checking skills
- Ability to keep track of multiple clients’ content needs simultaneously
- Have experience in email marketing, optimization, compliance, and best practices
- Be able to learn new software and skills quickly, including full adoption of our content distribution platform for submitting content
- Must be comfortable working under pressure, deadline oriented, and able to deliver content on or ahead of schedule
- Ability to research, analyze, and draw conclusions about content based on open and click rates and other indicators
Please submit your cover letter and resume as well as three writing samples or a link to your portfolio (class assignments, term papers, published works, magazine articles, blog posts, etc. are all suitable).