The Freelance Copywriter will work with the VP of Audience Development to manage a clear and consistent voice for our brand. They will be involved in all stages of content creation from ideation to execution. The successful candidate will be in charge of writing captivating copy that breaks down a complex scientific topic while still drawing in our audience across all of our mediums. This role will also research, write and edit a variety of features for other publications on behalf of our brand. Lastly, they will help internal teams with copy needs that arise which may include commercial scripts, ad copy and copy editing. The mission of the role is to clearly communicate the risks and solutions to sea level rise in a way that will resonate, intrigue, and be understood by our target audience.
• Significant experience writing strong, succinct copy
• Strong knowledge of environmental science
• Political Science Understanding a real benefit
• Experience with web markup language and search engine optimization
• Familiarity with commonly used style guides
• Understanding different language styles to ensure appeal across various target markets
• Working with creative and marketing to build innovative campaigns