Telecommute Work UnitedHealth Group is Recruiting a Technical Writer to Write Online Help Files
The Technical Writer is responsible for researching, writing and maintaining the Online Help files and instructional manuals for the OptumRx suite of applications. The Technical Writer roles create and maintain additional files, reports, and ad hoc documentation per the needs of OptumRx business. This position involves close collaboration with teams and associates throughout OptumRx to ensure that documentation solutions are accurate, comprehensive, and applicable to the needs of the business.
This team produces high – quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products in a rapidly changing environment.
- For each quarterly product release, reviews and researches product changes to determine the impact on the user, and then translates these changes into the user documentation
- Plans work effort to meet product release dates
- Uses Help authoring software and other applicable tools to create content for Online Help for the OptumRx applications
- Translates technical information into clear, easy to understand language as applicable to ensure readability for both technical and non – technical users
- Periodically audits and reviews documentation to determine whether format or content changes
- Meets with subject matter experts and other business contacts as necessary to determine the nature of any content changes
- Creates and maintains file layouts and reports for each software release
- Work assignments may be independent, and / or in support of senior level technical writers