Telecommute Work Sirius Computer Solutions Inc. is Hiring a Technical Writer (telecommute work)
We are seeking a contract Technical Writer to work on producing collateral around diverse IT Infrastructure solutions and services. Activities will include, but not be limited to, producing technical documentation, marketing materials, as well as developing wikis on key technologies. The preferred location for this role is the Portland, OR area, but we will also consider remote/telecommute work.
The role will include interviewing subject matter experts, creating new copy, and light design work in publishing software (Adobe Creative Suite Cloud).
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 4 -5 years experience in a technical writing role, with a focus on IT solutions
- Demonstrated experience with writing and design tools, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite Cloud (InDesign & Photoshop).
- Knowledge and proficiency in developing wikis.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply technical product and solution information
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills
- Experience interviewing subject matter experts, and translating their technical expertise into clear, concise written communications
- Demonstrated organizational and follow-up skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously