Freelance Work Proofread Nursing and Medical Books for Graphic World Inc. (freelance employment)
Job Type: Freelance Work
Category: Freelance PROOFREADING Jobs
Job source: Indeed(com)
Job expires in 10 days or sooner.
Graphic World is actively recruiting freelance proofreaders for upcoming nursing and medical textbooks and professional development courses.
We are passionate about education and contributing to the betterment of the fields of publishing; health science; and science, technology, and medicine (STM). As one of our freelance proofreaders, you would be performing work that truly matters in the nursing and medical fields.
Freelance proofreading assignments are made on a project-by-project basis, and we have a steady flow of projects all year long. This is an ideal telecommute position for applicants who are based in the United States. Project schedules vary, but most projects require proofreading 100-200 pages per week. We are looking for freelancers who are committed to staying both on budget and on schedule—critical components to ensure that we provide quality services to our clients.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Proofreading PDF files to check for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ensuring that the book’s word style sheet has been followed, especially with regard to consistency in abbreviations, acronyms, drug dosages, spelling, units of measure, and use of specific terms
- Checking for visual problems (e.g., tabs, alignment, consistency of fonts and spacing, loose/tight lines, widows, orphans, and bad breaks)
- Checking reference lists for completeness, correct spelling, etc.
- Copying and pasting all text from PDF files into Microsoft Word and performing a medical spell check
How to Apply
96 total views, 2 today