Freelance Work NYmag.com is Hiring a Freelance Social Media Editor for Weekend Work
Job Type: Freelance Work
Category: Freelance SOCIAL MEDIA Jobs
Job source: Company
Job expires in 20 days or sooner.
This is a part-time position generally working 16 hours per week from 9am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday. It will expand New York Media’s daily social media efforts by extending regular social posting into the weekend hours. The top priorities of this position are to manage and augment the company’s social media communities while boosting engagement on all platforms.
- Contribute a high volume of posts across multiple social media platforms during weekend hours generally starting at 9am EST. Expert knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr and Reddit required.
- Monitor social media for breaking news stories, working closely with writers as needed.
- Live-tweet and/or cover cultural and news events as assigned.
- Provide guidance and support to the writers to facilitate contributions in social media.
- Help identify and develop best practices that apply to a weekend social audience.
- Stay up-to-date on changes made to social media platforms, and how that might affect the company’s strategy moving forward. Use website and social analytics to make data-informed decisions.
- Monitor trends via real-time reporting and identify ways for the company to leverage current topics of interest to increase reach and engagement.
- Stay abreast of relevant industry benchmarks and assess the company’s relative performance on an ongoing basis. Identify gaps and areas of opportunity for improvement.
How to Apply
25 total views, 2 today