Freelance Work Just Food Inc. is Hiring a Freelance Grant Writer
Just Food empowers and supports community leaders to advocate for and increase access to healthy, locally-grown food, especially in underserved NYC neighborhoods.
Just Food seeks a temporary, freelance grant writer to prepare funding proposals and grant reports for private foundations and government funders. This position will be project-based, up to 20 hours/week (but no minimum number of hours guaranteed) through November. Experience with organizations that are focused on social justice is helpful, but not required.
- Draft letters of inquiry, proposals, renewal requests, and final reports to private foundations and government funders;
- Compile complete proposal and report packages for private foundation and government RFP applications;
- Work with Just Food staff and Executive Director to develop new program language and craft needs statements;
- Provide support for additional communications and fundraising projects as needed, such as developing and editing web and newsletter content, creating marketing materials, and writing year-end appeal; and
- Identify new sources of support through prospect research for new private foundation funders and review of government RFPs as needed.