Contract work FareStart is Seeking a Grant Writer for Contract Work
FareStart has an immediate opening for a contract Grant Writer. The Grant Writer is responsible for working with FareStart on a contractual basis to assist in researching, writing, editing and submitting grant requests to private, family and corporate foundations, as well as writing and submitting follow-up reports on behalf of FareStart. This position will manage an assigned calendar of proposals to foundation and corporate funders, with the expected number of grants to be approximately 40 grants throughout 2017. Work will be performed outside of the FareStart office. One monthly meeting at the FareStart Seattle downtown office is required. All equipment will be provided by the contractor including laptop, Internet connection, phone etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research, write, edit, prepare, and submit LOI’s, grant proposals, and the necessary attachments;
• Develop individual proposals in accordance with FareStart’s preferences and closely follow FareStart’s guidelines;
• Discuss and relay information relevant to the proposal process with FareStart staff;
• Work alongside and advise the Grants Manager and Director of Development on developing an individualized approach based on the type of proposal and funder guidelines;
• Write, edit, prepare, and submit reports following the assigned calendar of reports;
• Maintain accurate records of the submission materials.