Work from Home Eater.com is Looking for a Freelance Essays Editor for New Op-Ed Food Section
Vox Media (est. 2002) is hiring a Freelance Essays Editor to join Eater.com (est. 2013), a leading lifestyle website highlighting and discussing the best cities to enjoy food, drink, and fine dining.
This newly-created position is ideal for a food-savvy freelance writer who wants to be in charge of developing Eater Voices, the website’s new editorial section featuring compelling and insightful op-eds, essays, and first-person stories.
- Recruit, develop, edit, and publish op-eds and first-person essays from both writers and non-writers.
- Collaborate directly with writers to provide spotless copy, clear theses, and meaningful narratives.
- Compose creative headlines, decks, and social media copy to promote each op-ed piece or essay.
- Curate a diversity of unique voices, identities, and perspectives.
- Experience with writing personal essays and first-person storytelling forms.
- The ability to curate the most interesting essay pitches from outside writers.
- The ability to develop lively, meaningful essays about interesting people and relevant topics.
- Appreciation of and access to the people of the food world, from prominent cuisiniers to activists to restaurants to food writers to non-food writers to famous celebrities to food-world professionals in marginalized roles.
- An instinctive awareness of how readers discover and share stories online.
The ideal candidate can work remotely from home during daytime or nighttime.
Compensation: competitive rates, discussed with qualified candidates.