Contract work Disruptor Beam is Hiring a Writer to Write Content for Star Trek Timelines (contract/offsite work)
Disruptor Beam is building a new generation of games for every screen, based on popular universes like Game of Thrones and Star Trek. This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company, alongside a veteran team, working with some of the most iconic brands in entertainment.
We are looking for a contract writer to assist the Lead Narrative Designer in creating written content for Star Trek Timelines.
- Responsible for quickly getting up to speed on the content creation pipeline (including tools used) and quality expectations for the product.
- Deliver completed, approved content as assigned by the Lead Narrative Designer by the deadline specified for each piece of content. This will require appropriate time management and attentive participation in the approval/revision process by the contract writer.
- Deep knowledge of video game narrative design and unique aspects of writing for games, including but not limited to maintaining player agency, branching narrative, and role-playing conversation systems.
- Proven understanding of what it means to write for an existing intellectual property.
- Deep knowledge of the Star Trek IP.