Telecommute Work David & Goliath is Seeking Freelance Proofreaders/Copy Editors for On-Call Work
David & Goliath (est. 1999), a full-service creative marketing agency, is outsourcing work on an as-needed basis to experienced Freelance Proofreaders/Copy Editors to edit and/or proofread a variety of advertising and marketing assets, including TV and radio scripts; print ads; out-of-home boards; brochures; digital banner ads; microsites; social media messages; and presentations.
- Proofread and copy edit advertising materials, applying standard industry-wide symbols, Acrobat editing tools, and Word’s track-changes feature to indicate edits or mistakes.
- Review content to identify suspicious or irregular information.
- Fact-check website addresses and links; names; quotes; statistical amounts; and other data.
- Work on an on-call basis, especially at night, on weekends and possibly holidays, or as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, or similar field.
- Five years of related work experience.
- Meticulously identify grammatical, typographical, and compositional mistakes, and faulty word usage.
- Strong verbal and written communication, problem-solving, and social skills.
- Familiarity with advertising, automotive, hospitality, and entertainment sectors.
Freelancers can work on most projects outside of the office or via telecommuting.
Compensation: to be discussed with qualified applicants.